The Guild’s Historical Archive

The Edinburgh Film Guild’s historical archive, a collection of materials stretching back to the late 1920s, has now been successfully transferred to the National Library of Scotland (NLS) and the University of Stirling. The abrupt closure of the Centre for…

Edinburgh’s original Filmhouse

The graphic image above was the cover illustration for the Edinburgh Film Guild’s 1946-47 Cinema Season programme. It shows, what was then, the Guild’s new premises at 6-8 Hill Street EH2 3JZ, which was known as ‘Film House’. The Guild…